Happy Valentine's Day!
Happy Valentine’s Day! Do you know how it is celebrated in various countries?
- In France, the best gift is jewelry.
- In Denmark, lovers present dried white flowers to each other.
- In Italy, there is a great tradition of giving sweets and cakes to loved ones.
- In Holland, today a woman can propose to her beloved.
- And in England people give gifts on this day not only to loved ones, but also to pets.
- The holiday is banned in Iran and Saudi Arabia.
- Valentine’s Day was celebrated in ancient Greece, but this day was called the Panurge holiday. Men and women wrote notes with the name of a loved one and did not part with these notes for a week.
Interesting facts about Valentine’s Day:
- Red roses are its symbol.
- Approximately 50 million roses are sold on Valentine’s Day every year.
- Annually, the profit from the sale of chocolate and sweets on this Day is about 1011 billion dollars!