5 Georgian must-see according to the Wardens of the North
BTL Georgia and our partners The Travel Collection organized a fam-trip for MICE-agencies from Norway. Let the MICE-adventure begin: Georgia met hospitably her northern guests!
2 exciting days and a delicious Georgian breakfast waited for travelers. Time to eat — and dive into the Georgian culture. What will our Norwegian colleagues remember about Georgia?
- A basement restaurant Shavi Lomi in Tbilisi. It is a place where Norwegians found out what a real Georgian feast means! Its interior also impressed them a lot: old furniture, beautiful tablecloths, and porcelain.
Our dinner entailed a dizzying array of salads, followed by barbeque, cakes, puddings and wine. Stuffed and delirious, we felt like we had emerged from a culinary fever dream!
- Ancient monuments and picturesque landscapes. Severe mountains, so close to their freedom-loving hearts, made a surprise for the guests: the impressive ancient monasteries of Jvari and Svetitskhoveli, as well as gorgeous Mtskheta.
- It`s such a big mistake — to visit Georgia without tasting its delicious wine. Norwegians also tried it — at the Chateau Mukhrami winery, Wine Factory #1, and during the culinary masterclass.
Georgia showed us the country’s intriguing duality between age-old tradition and fast-forward modernity.
- Exciting Georgian dances. Dancers from the Tsiskvili restaurant showed guests from the North what a hot Georgian character means!
- A ceramics painting workshop. Also, our guests learned to paint ceramics. Finally, they created their own small masterpieces – plates with Khevsureti patterns!
In Georgia and all the Caucasus region, guests are considered gifts from God. And whenever golden guests come to visit, Georgians never fail to entertain them.
For the MICE professionals from Norway, Georgia really profiled itself as hospitable, hot and free. Isn`t it the best union of two so similar and so different mountainous countries? Anyway, this wonderful story has come to an end. However, there will be even more great projects that bring together MICE professionals!
Get inspired with BTL!